Poll

Do you like the main font used? (Courier)

Yes. Don't change it.
I'm cool with it.
NO DEAR GOD CHANGE IT JESUS MY EYES AGRHHHH ANYTHING BUT COURIER
I'd prefer something fancier like Georgia, for example.
I'd prefer something simpler like Trebuchet MS, for example.
I liek eggs, you liek eggs, we liek eggs everybody lieks eggs (Watching Option)

Author Topic: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|  (Read 1172 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jakers

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 132
  • Dapperness +1/-0
  • Lord of Harmonicas
  • Location: Up your butt and round the corner, that's the way to California!
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:29 pm »
??? Rhodri 9/10 8/10 10/10
??? Lorknis 9/10 8/10 10/10
??? Nickboom 9/10 8/10 10/10

The annoying one takes the lead as the two of you head off to this so-called lake, leaving the Stix and the large tree behind. You still weren't sure what she was selling, or what those 'Blueflowers' were.

You soon see the clearing with the boulder, and there's an arrow carved onto the large hunk of stone for some reason or another. The annoying one remembers that past this is the lake.

Soon, the two men bump into another woman on the way to the lake through the forest. Her hair is of a crystal blue, and she seems to be part of the group, seemingly looking for water. Looks like she was in luck.

After some crunchy footsteps through the leaves and plants of the forests, dirt was coating the trio's bare feet, but the lake was now in sight. Clear, crystal water, surrounded by a neat grassland before it branched back into woodland again. A bright, golden orb reflected from the water's surface. You'd found it: a water source.

Location Added: The Lake

By the side of the large lake, you can see one of the other survivors seemingly being gifted furs by an old man with a fishing rod.
<===========>

??? Rock 9/10 8/10 10/10

You take the furs given to you by Hook, before the kind old man returns to fishing in his spot. Footsteps are heard behind you, and you turn around to see a trio of the fellow survivors by the dry grass patch. Looks like they found the lake, too. 

Note Added: Hook
+1 Medium Fur Pelt Acquired!

<===========>

??? Mrnocamera 9/10 8/10 10/10

You head back, going past the blue flower and white butterflies again, following the trail of branches that you broken off.

After more exploring, you stop dead in your tracks, realizing a huge crack in the lands. Tree stumps with splintered wood around the edges of it were hanging limply off the sides of this crack, with damp moss growing on the side of the clammy, whitish stone walls. It seemed to be a ravine, descending into darkness below. You weren't sure how deep the ravine was, but jumping down definitely wouldn't be a good idea.

Note Added: The Ravine

The trees seem to be thinning out. You have a feeling you're starting to leave the forest.

<===========>

??? Dusty Trails 9/10 8/10 10/10
??? HWHASWAROT 9/10 8/10 10/10

The female of the two approaches the grave, having a closer look at the grave and kneeling down. Upon closer inspection, beside the blue flower there seems to be a small doll resting against the side of the grave. It seems to be a small figurine of a tough, gruff man holding a battleaxe.

HWHASWAROT, or Haswarot for short, lays next to the flower, putting his face almost right next to the flower. The white butterfly seems curious, and perches on your nose as you study the flower.

The blue flower seems to have a very slight glow to it, with small and somewhat fluffy bright blue petals. It stood almost perfectly upright, a thin white stalk holding it up, and the flower seemed to emit a slight hum as it swayed in the wind. What a pretty flower.
<===========>

??? yonsisac 9/10 8/10 10/10

You grab the nearest object, which happens to be a small chunk of wood. It felt pretty light, so it would be perfect for creating a distraction.

You throw it in a random direction. [18]. Great throw! With a strong arm, you hurl the wooden chunk and it rustles through the forest floor, causing the red dog to grunt and growl, distracting it from snuffling the air as it bounds towards the rustling noise.

Phew... that was close.
Note Added: Red dogs (Aggressive)
<===========>

??? Caconym 9/10 8/10 10/10

Your eyes dull and pretty bored of waiting, you look around for anything that you could use as bait. Unless rabbits secretly loved to eat sticks, it didn't look like there was anything good around.

[3] You give a yawn as you keep watching the trap after a while; still nothing.

[15]You're about to give another yawn, until you realize what you've finally been waiting for: a rabbit, cluelessly strolls under your trap, trying to re-enter the rabbit hole. You tug on the cordage with all your might, even if it is pretty hard with your small arms.

[11] The cordage whines as you tug on it, and the rabbit seems to notice it, starting to turn away! At the last second, the large rock crunches the back half of the rabbit, just as it was about to get away.

The back half of its body crushed, the rabbit whines in pain, its ears twitching in horror. There's no way it could get away now, let alone move.
<===========>

??? wilson7755 10/10 8/10 10/10

Being the awesome craftsman that you were, you get straight to work on creating some more useful tools and weaponry.

First, you improve your sharp rock by wrapping a large leaf around it. It isn't much, but at least the sharp rock was more comfortable to use now.

You make a few more pointy sticks, adding them to the stockpile.
+3 Pointy Sticks Added To The Stockpile!

Next up was a bow. Using a long stick for the bow limb, you bend it slightly, aiming to wrap some of the unrefined plant cord for the bowstring. The creation is somewhat successful... although the bowstring really doesn't look very sturdy. You weren't sure how the bow would perform without a test.
Crude Bow Created!

Finally, you make some small pointed sticks for makeshift arrows. Eh... you weren't convinced these would be very powerful at all.
+10 Unfletched Crude Arrows Created!

Either way, that Pinkman's Tea was certainly giving you the energy boost you needed for getting the job done, and all of this was great practice.

+1 Bushcraft Skill!
<===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========><===========>
CAMP STATUS(ES)
Nobody has set up a camp yet!

CURRENT SURVIVORS
??? - Played by yonsisac [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by Nickboom [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by wilson7755 [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by ajwilli1 [Neutral Karma] [Solo]
??? - Played by Rhodri [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by Lorknis [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by Dusty Trails [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by Mrnocamera [Neutral Karma]
??? - Played by Caconym [Neutral Karma]
??? - Rock
[Neutral Karma]
??? - HWHASWAROT [Neutral Karma]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:00:06 pm by Jakers »
Your local unrefined gentleman, here to drink tea, play harmonica and generally tip his top hat wherever he goes.

Stopsignal

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 255
  • Dapperness +2/-0
  • The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
  • Location: My cat's belly. Again.
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2015, 02:07:28 pm »
Rock will put on the fur, possibly trying to make it fit by tying it with long grass, if he can.

Also, he reaches the survivors.
Love and peace, art and cats.

Mrnocamera

  • Guest
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 02:12:48 pm »
"...That's deep." She says to herself, kicking one of the chunks of wood into the ravine.
After waiting for a while, she decides to head back, picking up the flower on the way back.    Hey, it's a nice flower.

ajwilli1

  • Resident Memelord
  • Postcount Generalissimo
  • *
  • Posts: 1,794
  • Dapperness +39/-3
  • Bock Bock Bagok I love GAOULF
  • Location: Space Hell
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 05:03:59 pm »
[[Sorry for the delays. Life is just hell sometimes, and you just gotta take life by the collar, scream in its face, before slamming its head repeatedly against a table until the only thing that remains is its still twitching foo- anyway, I pretty much have more freetime now.]]

"What?" He said as the 'angel' ascended to the heavens, he grabbed some of the berries and sniffed them. If they smelled bitter he would not consume them, if they smelled sweet however he'd give it a nibble.

Nickboom

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Dapperness +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 05:11:24 pm »
The woman looks at the lake, giving a small smile though it was more of a smirk. She mulls around the lack quickly looking for anything of note, plant wise around. She was also looking for any streams leading out of the lake or maybe a river. If she did she'd find a nice clearing near both the lake and river, if not she'd find a clearing close to the lake to start clearing for the camp.

Rhodri

  • Guest
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:31 pm »
The Annoying One* walks to a location near the edge of the lake as far away from everyone else as possible, to try to leave a life undisturbed by people who can't stay quite for more than 3 minutes.

He would need a decent shelter. After some pondering, he would realize he would need an axe to make the one he had imagined. The Annoying One searches for a relatively large rock (near the boulder, perhaps?) and would smash it against a larger, solid object (double mention of boulder) to smash it against. Hopefully, after some continued smashing it would break into multiple smaller rocks, one of them sharp enough to be used as an axe. If it doesn't repeat until one does.

Spoiler: Now, for the actual shelter (hover to show)

*Fuck it, that's his name now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:01:16 pm by Rhodri »

Wheel-Son

  • POST LORD
  • **********
  • Posts: 2,312
  • Dapperness +15/-53
  • Location: i dunno man above ground
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »
ShouldI call myself something, hm... Fletch sounds nice. He thinks, he picks up his bow and tests it on a nearby tree. After he tests it he looks for a birch of somekind and takes some bark from it.
I am no longer legitimately considering leaving this forum

Caconym

  • Postcount Generalissimo
  • *
  • Posts: 1,516
  • Dapperness +27/-65535
  • Cat of Conspiracy and Granola
  • Location: 1123 6536 5321
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »
The strange eyed woman moves in for closer inspection, she picks up a stick and does the best she can to sharpen it off a rock and approach the rabbit with a almost malevolent grin on her face as she goes to end the rabbit's life. "well what do we have here? Looks like dinner" she says barely audible to anyone but her.

After presumably killing the rabbit, she picks it up and begins to plan what to do next. She entertains the idea of trying follow the trail of the other guy, She toys with the idea of heading off in another direction by herself, or even simply heading back to the CoTW.

After considering things she heads off and picks up the trail of the other guy, for now.
I'd fucking drop kick an old lady, no questions asked.
I am always right when shark dicks are involved.
If it's not interrogation porn then it's poorly named and a missed opportunity.
Well, if you think about it, rape is for fun.
if utterly mad was any gayer, i'd shop here
I'd rather circumcise myself in a public place.
Eh, I don't really find anyone's sig too unreasonable. Though Caconym's is almost unreasonable

Wheel-Son

  • POST LORD
  • **********
  • Posts: 2,312
  • Dapperness +15/-53
  • Location: i dunno man above ground
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2015, 07:03:21 pm »
Fletch makes a spit with two Y-shaped sticks, which he finds and sharpens, and a pointed spear. He goes and grabs some dried leaves, branches, fallen logs, he makes distinctive marks on the trees with his knife. He piles up the branches, he tries to make a friction fire.
I am no longer legitimately considering leaving this forum

Siege-Loli

  • Admin
  • God Teir
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,290
  • Dapperness +14/-4
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Resident Lolicon
  • Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2015, 08:14:36 pm »
Seeing water, Orange will walk up to the water and will dip his hands into the water and get a drink of water. There was only one way to check if it was clean or not...
There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man with human flesh.

yonsisac

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
  • Dapperness +0/-0
  • THE CRAZY NINJA
  • Location: Here.....
    • View Profile
Re: {IC} <Begin Again> |DAY ONE| |0/10 DEATHS|
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 08:38:10 pm »
He node seeing that Dog thing was not friendly,it dose seem it went away Continue Pushing foward but VERY carfull and Maintaning distance were that dog was as it might be still somwere in the dirrection it went,keep and eye out for anything interesting

 

NOCTIFER IS A FAGGOT