Author Topic: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Turrets and Gunships)  (Read 3188 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Wheel-Son

  • POST LORD
  • **********
  • Posts: 2,312
  • Dapperness +15/-53
  • Location: i dunno man above ground
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 12:20:55 am »
"Oh boy, what fun." Lucas mumbles sarcastically, he heads to his commanding officer.
I am no longer legitimately considering leaving this forum

LionSiege

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 556
  • Dapperness +9/-16
  • The Breaker Of Bones & Ivan FTW.
  • Location: BULGARIA / Yoghurt and Lutenica - land
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 07:07:54 am »
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:09:28 am by maxthethrax »
Hitler did 7/11

HS1342

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Dapperness +8/-1
  • Unemployed, but free.
  • Location: Sweden
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2016, 02:16:46 pm »
Wolf:
"Roger that 263. Alright boys, we're getting a ride to the target zone! Mount up!"
Outside the walker you hear the squad of infatrymen climb up and get comfortable on the hull.
"They'll have to dismount if we run into combat, corporal."

You consider manning the belly-gunner's station below you. It would be possible, but it would leave the commander's seat empty. You could go down there if you're certain you want to, but it would surely be best to let James remotely man it.

"Moving to target zone."

Soon, the walker reaches the edge of the lake east of the Lumberyard. You take place on the top of an overlooking cliff, in the shade of the vegetation, yet with a good view of the water's edge.
Below you, next to the water lies a village. It's not that big, roughly 16 huts of variyng sizes.

The hitch-hiking squad dismounts, and the squadleader contacts you.
"The colonel wants this village gone, but they've got a bit more defences prepared now that they knew we were coming..."

It's hard to see anything from your viewports. But there's a pair of binoculars hanging beside you, ready to be used if you want to open the hatch and take a look for yourself.

Father:
The sergeant seems quite repulsed by the sights and smells aswell, but it doesn't look like it's going to slow her down.
"Ugh, let's not celebrate too soon! The rest of them are probably hiding out at the outpost further inside the jungle! Move it! Into the jungle doubletime, and be ready!"

Crawler:
You'd figure smuggling equipment out of the base would be quite a feat, considering the heavy military precence.
As you ponder about making money, you wander along the compound, looking for the medical tent.

By following the signs, you don't end up at a tent, but rather a smaller concrete structure.
Inside you come face to face with the strong and mixed smells of a well-used hospital, along with 2 opposing rows of bunks, all occupied by both wounded soldiers and non-combatants.
There's a lone medic walking from bed to bed, seeming quite stressed.

Lucas:
You meander over to the gate, and find your new squad.
It's a smaller squad, consisting of 2 other lights, one heavy, one flamer, and the rough-looking CO.
"Fucking finally brought your slow ass over here, huh?!"
He's definitively a veteran, and a sergeant first class (SFC) no less. He sternly points at the tight formation of your squadmates.
"GET YOURSELF INTO LINE, CAUSE WE'RE MOVING OUT!"

Hawk:
You must have dozed off a minute there, since you find yourself at the hangars at the Lumberyard, waiting on the side for the maintenance crew to bring you your aircraft. A stressed-out staffmember walks up to you, fliping through his PDA.
"Airman Jacob Mason? Sorry for the delay, but we've had a hell of a day equiping all the new arrivals. It's also been screwing up our system, so it seems like your assigned aircraft's been missplaced. So I'll simply ask you personally; what aircraft were you trained to operate?"

Spoiler: Pick one (hover to show)
I regret nothing.

Wheel-Son

  • POST LORD
  • **********
  • Posts: 2,312
  • Dapperness +15/-53
  • Location: i dunno man above ground
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »
Lucas tries his hardest to not make a snide remark and gets into formation without uttering a word.
I am no longer legitimately considering leaving this forum

Siege-Loli

  • Admin
  • God Teir
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,290
  • Dapperness +14/-4
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Resident Lolicon
  • Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 02:39:12 pm »
"If you ever learned something from the last Tank Commander, it should be to never leave the damn Tank Walker..." Duncan says quietly as he considers his options. He then decides, "Alright, we'll angle the tank cannon and provide some fire support from up here. Radio in if the resistance becomes too heavy and we'll move in to engage."
There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man with human flesh.

LionSiege

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 556
  • Dapperness +9/-16
  • The Breaker Of Bones & Ivan FTW.
  • Location: BULGARIA / Yoghurt and Lutenica - land
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2016, 03:05:34 pm »
The Close Air Support! says Jacob.
Hitler did 7/11

guest48

  • Guest
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 03:25:40 pm »
Spoiler: If there's a spot left (hover to show)

HS1342

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Dapperness +8/-1
  • Unemployed, but free.
  • Location: Sweden
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:57 pm »
Lucas:
"Stay in formation, and follow my lead! MOVE OUT!"

With little to no information on where you're going, and what you're going to do, you're marched southwards.

It's a long and strict march, thus you soon find yourself getting sore all around.
Eventually though, your march reaches the end of the road. Specificly, you reach a massive, fenced off oil-extraction site. In the middle of the many various pumps tied together by pipelines, stands a towering refinery, It's tall chimneys spewing thick smoke into the air.
At the gate of the fenced off area you're met by a platoon of soldiers. Their CO speaks to your own CO.
"Sierra 8 reporting for duty!"
"Excellent. We need someone to patroll the perimiter. The previous squad perished in that last attack."
"Understood!"
Your CO turns to the squad, points at 2 lights and the heavy, and you.
"You lot come with me to patrol the western fence. The rest of you patrol the eastern fence. Report any disturbance. MOVE IT!"

Wolf:
Leon opens his hatch, and surveys the village.
"With all due respect corporal, our previous commander got killed when he opened the hatch to try and stab the hound on the walker. He had balls, but he opened at a poor time..."
"Seems like there's atleast 3 tanks down there corporal. Along with a dozen evenly spread fighters. I'd suggest we carefully coordinate this with the infantry..."
"Well we're moving down there, quietly. I'll advise when we start the attack."

Hawk:
"Right, then that's the plane I'm assigning you to then."
He points at a slightly used tactical CAS-plane numbered 109. Slightly sturdy in design, and powered by a single jet engine on the tail, the TGS-21 is a hard nut to crack, and nice plane for the ground forces to see flying overhead.
You note that the plane has been armed in advance with a pair of rapid-fire 30mm cannons, 4 smaller bombs, and 2 air-to-ground AT-missles.
"When you're ready, report in to the control-tower."

Smasher:
Seems like you dozed off for a bit there during the transport.
The drill-sergeant chews you out for loosing your equipment, then points you towards the armory to be re-equiped.

"Ok, here's the standard engineer kit..."
The quartermaster hauls up an assortment of gear on the table.
There's the light armor, consisting of a vest, a helmet,  the elbow and knee-pads, and your wrist-PDA.
Then there's the shotgun, the pistol, your tools, and your new personal drone, armed with a 9mm gun.

After you're geared up, you end up outside, at the main road through the Lumberyard.
Seems like your squad left without you, so you'll have to find something else to do. Maybe the garage, the hangar, or even the hospital has something that requires an engineer.
Or you could simply reassign to a new squad at the Lumberyard-HQ.
I regret nothing.

Siege-Loli

  • Admin
  • God Teir
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,290
  • Dapperness +14/-4
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Resident Lolicon
  • Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »
"Still though, you can never be too sure..." Duncan said as he took his Private's position in the tank hatch and uses the binoculars. He'll wait for the attack to begin before ordering his main gunner to target the tanks with AP.
There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man with human flesh.

HS1342

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Dapperness +8/-1
  • Unemployed, but free.
  • Location: Sweden
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2016, 04:32:45 pm »
Wolf:
You open your hatch, and emerge with the binoculars. Leon goes back in through his hatch, and unloads the loaded HE-shell.

The wind is quite refreshing if you like the smell of the lake, and the jungle all around rustle in the wind.
You look down at the village.
To the far left, you see the squad sneak closer and closer to a dug-in tank. It's a treaded tank, and a rusty one at that. But the cannon is quite big, maybe 105mm? A shot in the turret should take it out with a bang.
Further in, there's a group of 6 hounds, hiding in a trench.
Another bit in is the village proper, where hounds of all ages and professions are doing their things. There's a bunch of young hounds playing around the second tank, standing idle in the middle of the village. It's identical to the former, and It seems empty right now, but the crew surely isn't far away.
Finally, the right front is guarded by a tank facing right, along with another trench with hounds.

The squdleader shimes in on the radio
"Are you ready? We'll definatively need help with those tanks!"
You can see the squadleader hiding in a ditch, looking up at you. His squad seems ready to go.
"AT-shell loaded. Need a target corporal."
I regret nothing.

guest48

  • Guest
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 04:34:53 pm »
Hettie spends a quick minute examining her weaponry before heading over to the hanger, cursing herself under her breath.   "Idiot, shouldn't sleep while moving positions.   Hell was I thinking?"   She shakes her head, checking out the wrist-PDA.   "Not how I would set it up, but default can be worked with I suppose..."

LionSiege

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 556
  • Dapperness +9/-16
  • The Breaker Of Bones & Ivan FTW.
  • Location: BULGARIA / Yoghurt and Lutenica - land
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »
Hawk runs to the CAS, gets the radio and reports "Ready to fly off! "
Hitler did 7/11

Siege-Loli

  • Admin
  • God Teir
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,290
  • Dapperness +14/-4
  • ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Resident Lolicon
  • Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 04:46:10 pm »
"Begin your attack, Squad leader." Duncan said into the radio as he then ordered his main gunner to focus fire on the front right first until it's destoryed, then the middle tank, then the left tank.
There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man with human flesh.

HS1342

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 334
  • Dapperness +8/-1
  • Unemployed, but free.
  • Location: Sweden
    • View Profile
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 04:55:07 pm »
Smasher:
You shotgun is in a pretty nice condition, loaded with slugs no less.
You head on over to the hangar, looking for something to do.

The hangar is filled with all kinds of combat aircraft, and a handfull of transporters. Some could use some repairs, but it's nothing that bad, so the maintenance crew should be able to handle them.
You ask the head of maintenance in the hangars if there's something you could help with.
"I don't suppose the colonel sent you? I've been requesting someone to take a look at that damaged fence over by the very edge of the runway. I swear, if someone comes to me with another aircraft suffering from "local fauna in engine" again..."

Hawk:
You hop on into the TGS-21, and radio in readiness to the tower.
"Roger that 109. Air support required out by the sea to the west. Taxi onto runway 3 and take off. Will provide channel with requesting squad..."

Wolf:
"Roger that 263, begining attack!"
Leon turns the turret, and targets the first tank. The walker jolts, and a shell goes flying. It burrows into the hull of the tank, and it erupts into flames. Seems like you hit an ammo rack.

The assault team uses the initial shock from the tank's destruction to get it's flamer close enough to the trench.
He sprays flames into it, sending 5 hounds running up in flames. The 6th hound retreats into the village, where the local population has begun to scream and panic.
Seems like the crew of the middle tank is running to mount up, and the right hounds are making their way to the left through the village.
The assault team rushes towards the cover of the village, making themselves vulnerable for a moment.
"Loading another shell..."
James sprays the 12mm at the village, hitting only a bunch of villagers.
With a clunk, the cannon is reloaded.
I regret nothing.

guest48

  • Guest
Re: Grunt Tales: Reloaded (Welcome to Vita)
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2016, 04:59:01 pm »
Hettie nods, and begins to jog over to the fence, configuring her wrist-PDA on the way.

 

NOCTIFER IS A FAGGOT